The history of the Oliver Inn Bed and Breakfast began in the 1870s. The home of Dr. Lewis Pagin sat on this site. James Oliver (of Oliver Chilled Plow and tractor fame), acquired the house in 1885 and moved it to the South Scott Street for use as the St. Hedwig Parish Church rectory. With an abundance of time, money and ingenuity, this elegant home has been lovingly restored to create a lovely Northern Indiana bed and breakfast, "The Oliver Inn". Guests enjoy a full candlelight breakfast each morning by the fire with live piano music, as well as complimentary snacks and beverages from the Butler's Pantry. Eight rooms have private baths, all have TV", air conditioning and ceiling fans. Some of the accommodations have fireplaces or double Jacuzzi tubs. The Historic Preservation Commission has rated this home 13 out of 13 possible points plus an "outstanding"!